Monday, November 26, 2012

Bittersweet Goodbye

Thanksgiving Dinner at 'Il Latini

Italian version of turkey :)

After our meeting on Thursday, we enjoyed one last gelato while enjoying the view of the Ponte Vecchio

Palazzo Vecchio at night

The Duomo at night
Well our time in Florence had to come to an end eventually, but it was such an amazing experience and city to live in for 7 weeks.  I'm already looking forward to coming back to visit.  :)

Wednesday night we celebrated Thanksgiving together.  Our professors took us to a restaurant where we had a traditional Italian dinner, 4 courses in all.  I tried many things I had never tasted before and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I tried rabbit gnocchi, chicken liver pate, and other various items that I am not entirely sure what they were.  This was fine by me, as everything was delicious and I left feeling STUFFED!  I'm fairly certain we waddled our way home.  I felt the way I would after eating a Thanksgiving dinner at home, only the turkey was swapped out with a variety of meat and the sides were different too.  Oh yeah, there wasn't any pumpkin pie, BUT the office that we travel abroad through brought one to the final meeting we had which was incredibly awesome!  Definitely made my day. 

Thursday we went out to dinner again as a group.  We had appetizers, pasta dishes and scrumptious desserts.  Every time we go out as a group we enjoy ourselves and end up acting like crazy Americans, giggling through dinner at very silly things.  However, these are moments that I will never forget.

Again, I can't say how bittersweet it was to say goodbye to this beautiful city.  We left at 6:45 Friday morning and I couldn't help but have flashbacks of many moments experienced while leaving town on the coach bus. 

Ciao Florence!  Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment