Monday, December 3, 2012

Never a dull moment

Champagne tasting

Architectural detail at Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias

Playing in the ocean
We seriously have some crazy fun stories to tell from being over here.  Last night, after getting settled into our hostel and exploring the area around our hostel for a bit, we decided to go to a champagne tasting that the guy in our reception told us to check out.  Well it was only 5€... and we were able to keep the glass. So naturally we did it twice so that we each had a pair of champagne glasses to take home.  We met two really great guys and one happened to be a chef.  Free dinner?  Yessss.  I even tried the cheek meat of the fish. Who knew I would one day be so adventurous when it comes to food.  I have been trying just about everything that is put in front of me and surprisingly, I usually like it!

Today we explored the Museum of Arts and Sciences designed by Santiago Calatrava and Felix Candela.  It is a pretty amazing design, considering it consists of multiple buildings, a park, bridges, landscape design, etc.  You can definitely see Calatrava's influence on the design too... he has such a distinct style.

Then we went to the beach!!  I had so much fun splashing in the ocean and soaking up the nice weather.  Not quite warm enough for swimsuits, but we hung out in the sand, took some photos and I picked some sea shells to take home with me.  I could really get used to this life...

Heading out to go take some night photos of the museum and hopefully we will spy some Christmas lights. 22 days until the big day... why are all the lights not on!?  Fingers crossed that we see some on tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment